Lancefield Bowling Club
Hi, and welcome to the official website of the Lancefield Bowling Club Inc.
Established in 1959 with the decision of some prominent locals to form a bowls club, the first President Mr Joe West was elected in 1961. Funds were raised to construct a green in Lancefield Park. The green was officially opened on the 15th of December 1962.
The ladies section (Associates) was formed in 1962, with Cassie Parkes elected President, and gained affiliation with the VLBA in 1963. In 1965 the ladies section entered its first association pennant side and won the premiership
Affiliation with the RVBA was approved in 1963 and in October 1964 our newly constructed clubhouse was officially opened.
Season 1966/67 saw the Mens section win its first “A” Grade flag.
Located in the geographical centre of Victoria, the Lancefield Bowling Club is a family inclusive club with new members welcome.
Come and give bowls a try – you will be pleasantly surprised
Have a look at the pics on our gallery page